The Right to Protection (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection.
The Program is aimed to strengthen the protective environment for internally displaced persons and other affected populations through directly responding to their needs at community and individual levels as well as developing civil society capacities to identify and implement durable, long-term solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the Communication Assistant in coordination with Communication Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in developing and implementation of internal and external communications’ strategy/plan for the organization;
- Collect all available information and expertise, ensures effective, strategic and evidence-based advocacy messages;
- Draft communication messages for legislative and policy changes developed by R2P;
- Regularly update organization’s information materials including reports, brochures, leaflets, etc;
- Produce public relations materials, edit reports, and assist with planning, publicizing, and carrying out special events;
- Engage directly with government officials and civil society representatives as appropriate for implementation communications plan;
- Assist in development of internal communications and external media relations, establishes and maintains contacts with the press centers of the governmental and non-governmental stakeholders;
- Assist in management of message development, media relations and maximize media opportunities;
- Build and sustain an organization’s image and reputation for quality and reliability, ensure public views a project favourably.
- Write and update content and PR materials in website, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, YouTube.
- Integrate R2P’s expertise into internal and external communications strategy and assists in making it available for learning;
- University (Ms) degree, preferably in social sciences, journalism or law;
- Ability to work in team and independently;
- Deadline oriented and perfect time management skills;
- Willingness to pursue innovations in communications;
- Knowledge of state-of art means of communication;
- Basic photography and Photoshop skills;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Familiarity with Ukrainian society, institutions, agencies;
- Reasonable familiarity with humanitarian and migration themes;
- Excellent Ukrainian & Russian and English language proficiency;
- Relevant working experience, over three years preferred.
R2P will offer the successful applicant a contract till April 30, 2020, renewable dependent on funding and performance.
Send cover letter and resume on firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close date 05 June 2019. If an appropriate candidate is, identified R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.
Comments are closed.