Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline26/01/2021 – 04/02/2021
The Right to Protection (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens, and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection. For the new project, we are looking for the Legal Analyst to become a part of our team to share our values and to strengthen R2P potential.
The Project is focused on monitoring, protection counseling, and advocacy facilitating freedom of movement in the government controlled areas along the line of contact and in entry exit checkpoints to non-government controlled areas.
Key Duties & ResponsibilitiesKey Duties & Responsibilities
The Lawyer Specialising in Advocacy/Legal analyst, as a member of the Project Team, will report to the Advocacy Coordinator, and work in close cooperation with the Legal and Protection Coordinators as well as the Project Manager. The position is based in Kyiv at R2P’s Main Office.
- Work autonomously within the scope of advocacy efforts in line with the Advocacy Strategy and Targets;
- Identify and implement most appropriate advocacy activities in close consultations with the project;
- Identify the legal gaps in Ukrainian legislation concerning IDPs and conflict affected population and suggest improvements need to be made in order to ensure that the Government’s legal and policy response to internal displacement in Ukraine is implemented;
- Сarry out research in the area defined by the project;
- Draft new legislation, including amendments, regulations and instructions, to address the concerns identified;
- Liaise with the R2P’s partners to follow-up on the situation for IDPs in Ukraine;
- Organize and conduct meetings with main actors at local, national and international levels upon request;
- Support the activity of the R2P and of the international observers in any other aspect that is required and provide advice to the R2P on any legal issues as required.
Coordination and Representation
- Ensure effective communication, coordination and information-sharing with other R2P’s thematic components and key staff;
- Establish and maintain cooperation with key duty bearers;
- Represent R2P at all relevant coordination fora with partner organizations as well as duty bearers upon request.
Reporting & Accountability
- Produce high quality and timely reports in line with donors’ guidelines within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures, particularly with respect to the Сode of conduct.
Required qualificationsRequired qualifications
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law, international law, international relations, conflict studies or other relevant areas;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Proven capacity to conduct lobbying and advocacy activities, design, and produce high quality deliverables, including policy and legal papers, etc;
- Experience of working with the Ukrainian Parliament and Ukrainian executive state institutions is a strong asset. Experience of working with the EU and EU institutions is desirable;
- Experience or knowledge of humanitarian aid and development policy and research, as well as specific knowledge and experience in working with IDPs human rights situation, is a strong asset;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian, and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Treat all people fairly without favouritism;
- Fulfil all obligations in line with gender equality and take a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment;
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in close collaboration with team members;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Highly motivated self-starter;
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till May 31, 2021, renewable dependent on performance and funding;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send a resume to email@example.com with the title ‘Lawyer specializing in advocacy’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.