Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline8/09/2020 – 20/09/2020
Work placeWork placeKyiv
Right to Protection (R2P) is a Ukrainian not-for-profit organization. R2P ensures the protection and human rights of vulnerable migrants – the conflict-affected, the internally displaced (IDPs), the refugees, who find themselves in Ukraine due to dire circumstances, the stateless, the undocumented, and those at risk of statelessness. R2P’s key programmatic strengths are legal assistance, monitoring, advocacy as well as government and civil society capacity building.
The Project “Preventing the spread of and responding to COVID-19 in the Eastern Conflict Areas, Ukraine” aims to increase response capacities to COVID-19 in the Eastern Conflict Areas, Ukraine. The Project is financed by ACTED in partnership with USAID/OFDA.
Key Duties & ResponsibilitiesKey Duties & Responsibilities
The Communication Assistant as a member of the Project Team will be reported to the Communication Officer, and work in close cooperation with the Protection Coordinator as well as the Project Manager. The position is settled in Kyiv at the R2P Main Office.
- Assist in developing and implementation of internal and external communications’ strategy/plan for the organization;
- Collect all available information and expertise, ensures effective, strategic, and evidence-based advocacy messages;
- Draft communication messages for legislative and policy changes developed by R2P;
- Regularly update the organization’s information materials including reports, brochures, leaflets, etc;
- Produce public relations materials, edit reports, and assist with planning, publicizing, and carrying out special events;
- Engage directly with government officials and civil society representatives as appropriate for implementation communications plan;
- Assist in the development of internal communications and external media relations, establishes and maintains contacts with the press centers of the governmental and non-governmental stakeholders;
- Assist in the management of message development, media relations and maximize media opportunities;
- Build and sustain an organization’s image and reputation for quality and reliability, ensure the public views a project favourably.
- Write and update content and PR materials on the website, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, YouTube.
- Integrate R2P’s expertise into internal and external communications strategy and assists in making it available for learning;
Required qualificationsRequired qualifications
- Good writing skills (posts, articles, etc);
- A minimum requirement of 2-4 years of social media experience;
- Experience of making and provide photography and design to support social media strategy and of create engaging short videos for social media;
- Media planning and ad execution;
- Experience of website management;
- Manage audience interaction through our various social media platforms.
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till February 28, 2021, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Room for professional growth;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Communications Assistant’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close date
20 September 2020. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.