Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline05/07/2021- 15/07/2021
Work placeWork placeKyiv
The Right to Protection (R2P), a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection, continues the Advocacy, Protection and Legal Aid Programme funded by UNHCR to be implemented in 2021.
The Programme is aimed to strengthen the protective environment for internally displaced persons and other affected populations through directly responding to their needs at community and individual levels as well as developing civil society capacities to identify and implement durable, long-term solutions.
Key Duties & ResponsibilitiesKey Duties & Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the Communication Assistant in coordination with Communication Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assists in developing and implementation of internal and external communications’ strategy/plan for the project;
- Collects all available information and expertise, ensures effective, strategic and evidence-based advocacy messages;
- Drafts communication messages for legislative and policy changes developed by R2P in the relation to the protection of IDPs;
- Сarries out communications activities to promote and share information about the project;
- Integrates R2P’s expertise into internal and external communications strategy and assists in making it available for learning;
- Regularly updates project’s information materials including reports, brochures, leaflets, etc;
- Promotes information about project trainings and workshops as appropriate;
- Supports project’s communications and public information plan;
- Produce public relations materials, edits reports, and assist with planning, publicizing, and carrying out special events;
- Under supervision of Communications Officer engages directly with government officials and civil society representatives as appropriate for implementation communications plan;
- Assists in development of internal communications and external media relations, establishes and maintains contacts with the press centers of the governmental and non-governmental stakeholders;
- Assists in management of message development, media relations and maximizes media opportunities;
- Builds and sustains a project’s image and reputation for quality and reliability, ensures public views a project favourably.
- Writes and updates content and PR materials on website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
Required qualificationsRequired qualifications
- University (Ms) degree, preferably in social sciences, journalism or law;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Time management and communication skills;
- Familiarity with Ukrainian society, institutions, agencies;
- Knowledge of PR in social networks;
- Reasonable familiarity with humanitarian themes such as displacement, education, shelter, food security and nutrition, health, livelihoods, protection, water, sanitation, and hygiene;
- Excellent Ukrainian, Russian, and English language proficiency;
- Relevant working experience, over three years preferred;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Commitment to team work;
- Highly motivated self-starter;
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till December 31, 2021, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send resume to email@example.com. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close dateApplications close date
15 July 2021. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.