Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline16/02/2021 – 23/02/2021
The Right to Protection (R2P), is an all-Ukrainian charitable foundation operating in partnership with the global NGO HIAS, that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection.
R2P is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Deputy Director.
In a context characterized by ongoing humanitarian challenges as well as new opportunities for engagement, strong candidates must have the ability to lead the development and implementation of a programmatic and operational strategy that is responsive, impactful and forward-thinking. Competitive candidates will have a combined skillset with which to solve complex operational and programmatic challenges, to deliver effective strategic approaches, to lead, represent and ensure comprehensive safety management across the operation. The Deputy Director is ultimately accountable for all aspects of R2P’s work and as such must demonstrate integrity and principle in the daily work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Management:
- Provide overall leadership to development and boosting new operation programs. This entails maintaining the existing and developing a new network of donors and various partners, frequent travel to field locations and regular interactions with staff, beneficiaries and other key stakeholders.
- Arrange proper allocation and effective and transparent utilization of the program’s resources, in full accordance with local laws and donor requirements. Support Director in collaboration with project managers and Head of Finance\Admin to ensure that systems are in place, including ongoing budget monitoring, financial management and expense control and compliance.
- Provides technical expertise on programmes quality and development.
- In collaboration with the Development Officer and program’s senior management team, establish programmatic and operational strategies to ensure R2P is responsive, impactful and forward-thinking. This requires developing an in-depth knowledge of the national context, a thorough understanding of R2P’s approaches and priorities, an adeptness in systems-thinking and a willingness to think beyond traditional humanitarian response and the project cycle.
- In collaboration with the Development Officer, ensure that new programs are proactively undertaken and are within the organization’s and country programs agreed strategic frameworks and standards.
Accountability and Quality:
- Ensure that robust monitoring and relevant and accessible accountability initiatives are in place and regularly strengthened, and that quality standards in programming and operations are upheld.
Representation and Advocacy:
- Represent R2P and all programs to donors, governmental authorities, partners and other stakeholders. This includes representing the organization in in-country coordination fora and proactively seek opportunities to promote humanitarian principles and best practices.
- Establish strong and efficient partnerships with organisations, donors and authorities, in line with the R2P strategy.
- Identify national and international opportunities to engage in targeted advocacy to bring greater attention to humanitarian needs and issues in Ukraine.
Required qualificationsRequired qualifications
- Master’s degree in political science, international development, law, economics, non-for-profit management or other relevant field;
- Good understanding and deep awareness of the political landscape, government stakeholders, civil society, intergovernmental organizations, UN in Ukraine and worldwide;
- Familiarity with displacement, asylum, migration, statelessness, international humanitarian and human rights standards;
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience in a senior management capacity and working in complex contexts;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and adeptness in people management;
- Experience effectively managing complex humanitarian operations;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Collaborative results-oriented management style;
- Strong understanding of financial management, risk and compliance;
- Confidence in representing organizations and programming to donors, governmental authorities and other key stakeholders;
- Ability to motivate and supervise a high-performing team;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Readiness to travel within designated area;
- Excellent Ukrainian, Russian and English language proficiency.
WE OFFERWE OFFER
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till December 31, 2021 with a possibility for continuation;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
APPLICATION PROCESSAPPLICATION PROCESS
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Deputy Director’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.