Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline6/01/2021 – 15/01/2021
The Right to Protection, CF (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection.
Since the beginning of the conflict in the East of Ukraine R2P has been monitoring the protection situation of IDPs, providing legal assistance and strengthening humanitarian response in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhya regions.
PROJECT OVERVIEWPROJECT OVERVIEW
In 2020 in the course of decentralization, the authority to provide social services to the population was started to transfer from the central level to the local, to territorial hromadas. This process is not easy and quick, and the hromadas face many questions and difficulties.
The Project aims to support and strengthen hromada capacities in Olhynska, Volnovaska, Myrneska, and Sartanska through targeted activities. To build the capacities of local authorities so that they are better able to provide quality and non-discriminatory essential services, while protecting the most vulnerable in the population, R2P will conduct trainings, provide legal counseling, and advocate for the provision of quality basic services in conflict affected areas, as well as will support the establishment of sustainable mobile and community level social service provision mechanisms.
POSITION’S OVERALL OBJECTIVESPOSITION’S OVERALL OBJECTIVES
The Finance and Administration Officer will provide the Project team with appropriate finance and administrative support to effectively implement project activities, as outlined below. The Finance and Administration Officer reports to Head of Finance/Admin (HoFA) and works closely with the finance/administrative team and project staff to:
- Ensure smooth and timely management for procurement/admin/HR/finance tasks.
- Support Program unit in terms of procurement/admin/HR/finance issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support HoFA with specific aspects of Finance and office Administration while preparing projects, working plans, budget and budget amendments, reporting documents on projects, final reports;
- Be in contact with the suppliers on matters related to arrangements of trainings, seminars, working meetings, public events;
- Carry out daily monitoring of balances and cash flows on the project account;
- Keep financial records and perform financial procedures (e.g, receipts, payments requests, etc).
- Assist the organisation and management of internal and external audits.
- Ensure expenses are authorised and processed in accordance with agreed procedures for both R2P’s and donors.
- Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with finance and procurement regulations.
- Maintain accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded.
- Ensure agreed reporting dates are maintained according to R2P’s policies.
- Assist in managing partners’ finance reporting ensuring compliance with R2P and donor regulations.
- Support the efficient running of R2P Volnovakha office daily operations.
- Ensure all procurement processes are in compliance with R2P and donor regulations.
- Support logistics for R2P Volnovakha programme activities.
- Monitor staff records in MTRs, daily check in/outs records; make sure attendance lists of trainings, meeting, and events are properly signed by participants;
- Other administration duties as agreed.
- Maintain personnel records.
- Coordinate recruitment/induction in line with R2P’s processes.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate degree in Accounting/Finance/Administration and 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience providing administrative and financial support to an international organization, contracts management, and HR related matters;
- Substantial financial management experience on NGO contracts/cooperative agreements, procedures, and reporting requirements;
- Honest and trustworthy, reliable, rigorous and well organized;
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work;
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, and English;
- Highly motivated self-starter.
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till January 31, 2022, renewable dependent on performance and funding;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Fin/Admin Officer’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.