Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline28/10/2020 – 10/11/2020
The project will be implemented by the Right to Protection (R2P). R2P, an all-Ukrainian charitable foundation, assists refugees, asylum seekers, stateless, internally displaced persons, and conflict-affected population in Ukraine.
The project’s major objective is to ensure that the stateless population in Ukraine exercise their human rights. To achieve that R2P will 1) provide legal aid and counseling in the Kyiv, Kharkiv, Donetsk, and Luhansk (GCA) regions, 2) build capacity of legal aid providers, government, and communities on statelessness prevention and reduction; and 3) develop a comprehensive analysis of the legal framework regarding stateless in Ukraine and advocate for the improvement of government policy, legislation and existing administrative procedures towards the stateless population.
Position’s Overall ObjectivePosition’s Overall Objective
The Lawyer will provide primary and secondary legal aid to the stateless to ensure that their rights are observed.
The Lawyer will report to the Project Manager and is expected to spend approximately 60% of his/her time in Kharkiv and the remaining traveling in the Kharkiv Region.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesDuties & Responsibilities
- Conduct legal consulting to the beneficiaries in the project office and in outreach mode;
- Prepare necessary legal documents to be lodged with the state authorities and embassies;
- Prepare documents for courts of various instances;
- Maintaining paper and computer files for cases counseled;
- Preparation of reports, including statistical information;
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of R2P.
Reporting & Accountability:
- Produce high quality and timely reports in line with R2P guidelines within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection and the code of conduct.
Required qualificationsRequired qualifications
- Higher education in law;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in legal practice;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian, and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and in team and to meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Fulfill all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Treat all people fairly without favouritism.
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till December 31, 2020, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title ‘Lawyer_Statelessness’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.