Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline17/04/2019 – 3/05/2019
Work placeWork placeSlovyansk
General informationGeneral information
The Right to Protection (R2P), an all-Ukrainian charitable foundation that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection, launches the Advocacy and Legal Protection Programme funded by UNHCR to be implemented in 2019.
The Programme is aimed to provide protection and legal assistance to asylum seekers and refugees from around the world. The Programme also contributes to building a humane asylum system in Ukraine by training local judges, immigration and law-enforcement officials, and law students, and by developing legislative proposals and administrative regulations.
Duties and tasksDuties and tasks
The Lawyer as a member of the Legal Team will report to the Project Manager and work in close cooperation with other Lawyers and Advocates:
- Preliminary interviews, in-depth interviews, and analysis of asylum claims in accordance with the Ukrainian laws and international refugee protection instruments; preparation of appropriate documents for asylum seekers on the basis of such interviews;
- Consultations of asylum seekers and refugees on asylum procedures in Ukraine, voluntary repatriation, resettlement and family reunion, integration procedures, citizenship issues, civic laws and other issues of interest and concern to asylum seekers and refugees;
- Representation and translation at government and law enforcement agencies, and in other situations when this may be deemed necessary by your supervisor;
- Legal counseling of asylum seekers on the governmental asylum procedure;
- Monitoring the quality of the asylum procedure and enhance relevant professional capacities of the local SMS staff involved in first instance adjudication of asylum claims through providing on-the job training to Kyiv MS staff concerning the standards;
- Monitoring changes in international and Ukrainian legal and legislative acts related to the delivery of program services, and in maintenance and distribution of relevant legal information to colleagues and, when necessary, outside parties;
- Maintaining paper and computer files for cases counseled;
- Maintaining up-to-date information on country conditions for countries in your area of expertise;
- Preparation of reports, including statistical information;
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of R2P.
Professionals requirementsProfessionals requirements
- Higher education in law;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in legal practice;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and in team and to meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Commitment to team work;
- Fulfill all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Treat all people fairly without favouritism;
We offerWe offer
- R2P will offer the successful applicant a contract in line with Ukrainian legislation, renewable dependent on funding and performance.
Process filing an applicationProcess filing an application
Send CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Answers will be sent only to candidates selected for interview. Please do not call extra.
Applications are accepted until May 3, 2019. If the relevant candidates will be identified ahead of schedule, the CF “Right to Protect” reserves the right to complete the process before this deadline.