Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline23/12/2020 – 15/01/2021
The Right to Protection, CF (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection.
Since the beginning of the conflict in the East of Ukraine R2P has been monitoring the protection situation of IDPs, providing legal assistance and strengthening humanitarian response in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhya regions.
PROJECT OVERVIEWPROJECT OVERVIEW
In 2020 in the course of decentralization, the authority to provide social services to the population was started to transfer from the central level to the local, to territorial hromadas. This process is not easy and quick, and the hromadas face many questions and difficulties.
The Project aims to support and strengthen hromada capacities in Olhynska, Volnovaska, Myrneska, and Sartanska through targeted activities. To build the capacities of local authorities so that they are better able to provide quality and non-discriminatory essential services, while protecting the most vulnerable in the population, R2P will conduct trainings, provide legal counseling, and advocate for the provision of quality basic services in conflict affected areas, as well as will support the establishment of sustainable mobile and community level social service provision mechanisms.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTIONGEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The Project Manager is based in Volnovakha/Mariupol with frequent travel within Volnovakha raion.
POSITION’S OVERALL OBJECTIVESPOSITION’S OVERALL OBJECTIVES
The Project Manager will have an overall responsibility over the implementation of a supporting sustainability of response and community resilience in Volnovakha raion, Eastern Ukraine project.
Under the direct supervision of the President and in close cooperation with other R2P relevant projects, the Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting for the Project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, manage and carry out the day to day implementation of the project by contributing to the effective and timely design, planning, monitoring and evaluation process.
- Manage the assigned team, and cooperate with other R2P relevant projects and Coordinators, and Finance-Admin department to ensure that the project achieves expected results.
- Coordinate activities with other Consortium members and engage local authorities into project implementation;
- Facilitate the creation and regular updates to the project implementation tools in collaboration with the programme team, including the regular review of project-level achievements.
- Ensure proper and regular project documentation and reporting according to R2P standards.
- Ensure all project related activities comply with the project relevant donor’s and organization’s policies and regulations.
- Ensure regular and effective communication between the project staff members and other R2P relevant projects and Coordinators, and the Finance-Admin department in the frame of project implementation.
- Provide guidance and support to project staff in carrying out their responsibilities under the project.
- Troubleshoot project problems. Identify and implement creative solutions.
- Participate in fundraising activities and ensure the sustainability of project results
- Build up a joint work with community leaders and other representatives to develop community strategies and ensure involvement of local population in the project implementation
- Ensures involvement of community members into the decision-making processes related to the project at community levels.
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities focused on support and strengthen capacities of local authorities so that they are better able to provide quality and non-discriminatory essential services.
Budgeting and finance management
- Manage the project’s budget and oversee related procurement in compliance with donor and R2P guidelines, with support from R2P Head of Finance and Administration.
Coordination and Representation
- Establish and maintain cooperation with key duty bearers;
- Represent the project at all relevant coordination fora with partner organizations as well as duty bearers.
- Keep regular communication, information exchange and ensure coordination with project partners.
- Ensure regular mapping of local stakeholders and services available in the targeted area.
Advocacy / Communication
- Identify, prioritize areas and content for advocacy activities within the project.
- Plan, implement, and follow-up on advocacy activities within the project.
- Support production of communication and visibility tools and materials.
Reporting & Accountability
- Produce high quality and timely reports for R2P and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures, particularly with respect to procurement and the code of conduct.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law, social work, social science, finance & economy, management, development studies, etc.;
- Minimum two years of experience of international donor projects dealing with humanitarian aid, sustainable development, local governance, decentralization, policy analysis, law, and/ or other relevant area. Experience with state/regional/local budgeting or social protection would be an asset;
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly motivated self-starter;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and in English;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent team building and staff management skills;
- Collaborative results-oriented management style;
- Ability to motivate and supervise a high-performing team in a politically sensitive environment.
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till January 31, 2022, renewable dependent on performance and funding;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title ‘Project Manager Volnovakha’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.