Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline27/01/2021 – 10/02/2021
The Right to Protection, CF (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens, and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection.
Since the beginning of the conflict in the East of Ukraine R2P has been monitoring the protection situation of IDPs, providing legal assistance, and strengthening humanitarian response in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhya regions.
PROJECT OVERVIEWPROJECT OVERVIEW
In 2020 R2P implemented the peacebuilding project which drew together experts working in the field of mining and ecology. Over the course of ten dialogue sessions the group shared their expertise, identified environmental issues in the Donbass region that affected both sides of the conflict, and drafted a Resolution for the mitigation of ecological risks in the now devastated region.
In 2021 R2P is going to extend the cross contact line expert dialogue on ecological and resource restoration of the Donbass territory affected by Russian aggression against Ukraine.
The Project Manager will report to the R2P President.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, manage and carry out the day to day implementation of the project by contributing to the effective and timely design, planning, monitoring and evaluation process;
- Take the lead in coordinating the planning and implementation of the project activities in conjunction with the dialogue facilitators, partners, and other organizations and individual experts;
- Manage the assigned team, ensure all project related activities comply with the project relevant donor’s and organization’s policies and regulations;
- Collaborate with R2P other Coordinators, and Finance-Admin department to ensure that the project achieves expected results;
- Troubleshoot project problems. Identify and implement creative solutions;
- Participate in fundraising activities and ensure the sustainability of project results.
Budgeting and finance management
- Manage the project’s budget and oversee related procurement in compliance with donor and R2P guidelines, with support from R2P Head of Finance and Administration.
Coordination and Representation
- Represent the project at all relevant coordination fora with partner organizations as well as duty bearers.
- Keep regular communication, information exchange and ensure coordination with project partners.
- Ensure regular mapping of local stakeholders and services available in the targeted area.
Advocacy / Communication
- Identify, prioritize areas and content for advocacy activities within the project.
- Plan, implement, and follow-up on advocacy activities within the project.
- Coordinate project social media campaign.
- Cooperate with other R2P peacebuilding relevant projects especially through assistance on advocating peace process, transferring ideas of conflict resolution on Tracks 1.5/2 and organising coordination-working group meetings and joint briefings with other organizations of peaceful development in Ukraine (CMI, Center for Humanitarian Dialogue etc.).
Reporting & Accountability
- Produce high quality and timely reports for R2P and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies.
Required qualificationsRequired qualifications
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law, social work, social science, management, development studies or other relevant area;
- Minimum two years of managerial experience of international donor projects dealing with peacebuilding, humanitarian aid, sustainable development, policy analysis, law, and/ or other relevant area.
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly motivated self-starter;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and in English;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent team building and staff management skills;
- Collaborative results-oriented management style;
- Ability to motivate and supervise a high-performing team in a politically sensitive environment.
WE OFFERWE OFFER
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till October 31, 2021, renewable dependent on performance and funding;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
APPLICATION PROCESSAPPLICATION PROCESS
Send a resume to email@example.com with the title ‘Project Manager_Peacebuilding’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.