Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline11/01/2022 – 26/01/2022
The Right to Protection (R2P) is a leading human rights NGO that works comprehensively to solve problems related to migration, its causes, and consequences, launches the Advocacy and Legal Protection Programme funded by UNHCR to be implemented in 2022.
The Programme is aimed to provide protection and legal assistance to asylum seekers and refugees from around the world. The Programme also contributes to building a humane asylum system in Ukraine by training local judges, immigration and law-enforcement officials, and law students, and by developing legislative proposals and administrative regulations.
Key Duties & ResponsibilitiesKey Duties & Responsibilities
The Reception Counselor as a member of the Legal Team will be reported to the Project Manager, and work in close cooperation with all LPS staff.
- Reception room duty, including telephone and fax traffic, responding to client and other inquiries, entering client information in the appropriate logs and databases, scheduling and directing clients to consultations, issuing documents to clients, handling incoming and outcoming mail and packages and other front office activities;
- Maintaining office files and lists of contacts;
- Assistance with coordination and supervision of outside consultants, vendors and suppliers of goods and services, and other third parties under contract with R2P;
- Preparation of reports, including statistical information;
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of R2P.
Reporting & Accountability
- Produce high quality and timely reports in line with R2P guidelines within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection and the code of conduct.
Required qualifications and skillsRequired qualifications and skills
- University level of education, preferably legal education ;
- Minimum 1 year of work experience;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian, and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent usage of computers and office software packages;
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem-solving;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and in team and to meet deadlines;
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Fulfill all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Treat all people fairly without favoritism.
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till December 30, 2022, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Room for professional growth;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.
More information about the organization: https://r2p.org.ua.
Applications close dateApplications close date
26 January 2022. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.