On February 6, in the city of Izium in the Kharkiv region, R2P held consultation for internally displaced persons (IDPs) on the housing issues. 17 people joined the event.
During the consultation event such issues and topics were discussed:
- The procedure for obtaining temporary housing;
- Main features of housing programs for IDPs;
- Housing programs: the hromada/settlement level.
“The housing problem has always been one of the most acute for internally displaced persons. Given that IDP families have different opportunities and requirements, there is an urgent need for appropriate housing programs. Only with joint efforts at the state and local levels we can achieve a positive result,”– said Olena Prykhodko, attorney at Right to Protection CF.
Consultation was organized within the project “Promotion of Social Infrastructure Development, USIF VI”, with the support of the Ukrainian Social Investment Fund.
Consulting activities are regularly organized by the Right to Protection Charitable Fund and help IDPs to exercise their rights guaranteed by the Constitution, Laws of Ukraine and international norms.
- Raising awareness in the Eastern Ukraine amalgamated territorial communities on housing possibilities for IDPs
- Webinar “Compensation for destroyed housing. Practical aspects of the implementation of mechanism for monetary compensation”
- Right to Protection CF conducted webinars on international standards of civil protection