In December 2020, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted in the second reading and as a whole the draft Law of Ukraine «On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2021». This law has already entered into force.
So, what exactly changed in the context of protection of the rights of internally displaced persons (IDPs) and victims of an armed conflict?
Here are the key differences:
- Funding for the state program for the payment of monetary compensation to victims whose houses (apartments) were destroyed as a result of a military emergency caused by the armed aggression of the Russian Federation has been increased to UAH 114 million.
- Subventions from the state budget to local budgets for the implementation of measures to support the territories affected by the armed conflict in eastern Ukraine have been increased to UAH 125 million.
- A new state program has been introduced to ensure proper conditions for entry and exit of persons to the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine – UAH 267 million.
- A new state program has been introduced to ensure the reintegration of young people from the temporarily occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, the temporarily occupied territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol – UAH 130 million (although such a program appeared only between the first and second readings).
- There is no funding for the state program «Affordable Housing» (it was reduced by the April changes to the state budget for 2020 and will not be renewed in 2021).
- There is no funding for subventions from the state budget to local budgets for the implementation of the project «Housing for Internally Displaced Persons».
- There is no funding for a program to provide mortgage loans to internally displaced persons.
Full details – in the table.