On November 5, 2020, the Right to Protection Charitable Foundation held a webinar for specialists and lawyers of the free secondary legal aid system in the northern and southern parts of the Donetsk region.
The event was e-attended by litigation consultant Sofia Marchenko, Dmytro Hanych, a regional lawyer in Slovyansk, litigation consultant Leonid Serafimovych, Yevhen Fedorinov, a regional lawyer in Bakhmut, and regional lawyer in the city of Mariupol Daria Subbotina.
During the discussion, which lasted almost 2 hours, colleagues raised a number of important and relevant questions, namely:
- Land rights, opportunities and algorithm of free land acquisition, out-of-court and judicial methods of land disputes resolving;
- Problematic moments in execution of court decisions on payment of pension arrears, legislative acts and government resolutions which regulate this issue;
- Implementation of law for providing material assistance or compensation for destroyed housing from an emergency situation caused by the armed aggression of the Russian Federation;
- Protection of debtors’ rights under credit obligations, their liability in case of non-compliance with the terms of the loan and future actions of lenders;
- The procedure for crossing the line of demarcation for the period of quarantine restrictions.
After the experts’ reports, the participants had the opportunity to ask their questions, including on such difficult situations as moving through the Russian border due to the closure of the control checkpoints in Ukraine (which is illegal) and problems with land registration due to decentralization reform.
The event was held by the lawyers of the Right to Protection Charitable Foundation within the framework of the charity foundation’s cooperation with the free secondary legal aid system, with the support of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Ukraine.