Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline06/01/2022 – 27/01/2022
The Right to Protection (R2P) is a leading human rights NGO that works comprehensively to solve problems related to migration, its causes and consequences – seeking candidate to fill the position of Advocacy Coordinator.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESKEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Advocacy Coordinator reports to Deputy President, and works in close cooperation with Programme Managers, Head of Public Information Unit, and with Team Leaders of the R2P Regional Offices.
Advocacy Coordinator develops and supports in-house advocacy programs in the organizations’ offices contributing to all directions and efforts of the R2P. Advocacy Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the organization’s advocacy activities, developing and maintaining relations with advocacy stakeholders, strategic planning, methodological support to the organization, including teams at local offices, monitoring and evaluation of deliverables, representation of the component to the key stakeholders, conception and drafting of new advocacy projects.
- Develop an advocacy strategy of the organization at regional, national and international levels targeting all R2P’s beneficiaries. The strategies are to be based on the R2P’s organizational strategy for 2022-2024.
- Ensure the implementation of the advocacy strategy in close cooperation with Programme and Functional Managers.
- Planning, organization, and implementation of advocacy activities/campaigns at the international, national, and local levels
- Maintain the existing relations and develop new ones with advocacy stakeholders and counterparts such as the Government of Ukraine, Ukrainian Parliament, Local Governments, the UN, international actors, the EU Parliament, OSCE etc.
- Represent the organization’s at all relevant coordination and coalition fora with partner organizations as well as duty bearers.
- Promote and support the existing and new fora of civil society and governments as an instrument of collective response advocacy.
- Maintain a broad overview of the changing political landscape and identify new and emerging advocacy opportunities and threats relevant to the situation of beneficiaries in Ukraine.
- Supervise the Advocacy Unit in programmatic and developing efforts.
- Operational management of the Advocacy Unit’s team: planning, control, decision-making in accordance with the strategic plan and work plans of projects.
- Spearhead staff capacity building efforts by identifying needs of the advocacy team.
- Ensure that the advocacy team has the necessary tools, resources, and information to deliver and evaluate services that meet or exceed internationally accepted standards and protocols.
- Make sure the advocacy team is aware of and enforces human rights standards and R2P’s code of conduct, including confidentiality and data protection, and apply them into their everyday work.
- Work closely with President and the Strategy and Development Unit to develop program objectives and budgets, with a focus on advocacy projects.
- Coordinate preparation of and manage timely and high?quality program narratives reports concerning advocacy.
- Regularly visit the organization’s field offices and project sites to monitor implementation quality.
- Model R2P values through collaboration, strategic decision?making, evidence?based programming, and efficient management of resources.
- Ensure accountability through effective monitoring and impact assessment; comply with R2P and donor policies, procedures and requirements and ensure compliance on the part of staff, volunteers and project partners
- Introduce a human rights approach in activities implemented by the organization.
- Ensure effective communication, coordination and information-sharing with other key staff including Deputy President, peers and subordinates.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Higher education in law, public administration, or other related area;
- Excellent knowledge of national and international human rights legal aid instruments including Ukrainian law, the European Court on Human Rights and UN instruments;
- Good understanding and deep awareness of the political landscape, government stakeholders, civil society, intergovernmental organizations, the UN in Ukraine and worldwide;
- Familiarity with migration, particularly displacement, asylum, statelessness human rights standards;
- Strong public and media presentations skills;
- Strong training and lecturing abilities are an advantage and strongly preferred;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Collaborative results-oriented management style;
- Ability to motivate and supervise a high-performing team;
- Well-developed organisational capacities, communication skills, high level of responsibility, computer literacy, experience in planning and analysis of fulfilled work;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Readiness to travel within designated area;
- Excellent Ukrainian, Russian and English language proficiency.
WE OFFERWE OFFER
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till December 31, 2022, renewable dependent on performance and funding;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Flexibility in working\lunch hours, combined mode of work (remote, in the office);
- Respect for work/life balance.
APPLICATION PROCESSAPPLICATION PROCESS
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title ‘Advocacy Coordinator’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for interview. No phone calls, please.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE DATEAPPLICATIONS CLOSE DATE
27 January 2022. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.