Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline11/02/2021 – 25/02/2021
The Right to Protection, CF (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection.
Since the beginning of the conflict in the East of Ukraine R2P has been monitoring the protection situation of IDPs, providing legal assistance and strengthening humanitarian response in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhya regions.
PROJECT OVERVIEWPROJECT OVERVIEW
This project builds on R2P’s efforts to build bridges across the line of contact through a series of dialogues that will develop a shared vision of peaceful coexistence and common identity as a means of achieving long-term reconciliation.
The goal of the project is to increase understanding of different perspectives of the conflict among community members across the line of contact through facilitated dialogues that strengthen trust and relationships and ultimately reduce tensions.
In the framework of the project, R2P will use its connections within other organizations and individual experts to organize and/or attend coordination-working group meetings in order to discuss joint advocacy strategy in peacebuilding and other challenges to the process of dialogue (e.g. the security). R2P’s team will help take the dialogue group’s informal recommendations and turn them into specific recommendations to be conveyed to Track 1 and Track 2 dialogues.
Note: this is a part-time position (20 hours a week).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work autonomously within the scope of advocacy efforts in line with the Advocacy Strategy and Targets;
- Identify and implement most appropriate advocacy activities in close consultations with the project;
- Plan, implement, and follow-up on advocacy activities within the project;
- Ensure regular mapping of local stakeholders and services available in the targeted area.
Coordination and Representation
- Represent the project at all relevant coordination fora with partner organizations as well as duty bearers.
- Keep regular communication, information exchange and ensure coordination with project partners.
- To inform the decision-makers and broader society about peacebuilding efforts through the results and conclusions from cross contact line dialogue initiatives.
- To coordinate with the facilitators to contribute R2P expertise to define the topics of the dialogue and the dialogue outputs.
- Coordinate project social media campaign.
- Cooperate with other R2P peacebuilding relevant projects.
Reporting & Accountability
- Produce high quality and timely reports for R2P and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies.
Required qualificationsRequired qualifications
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law, international law, international relations, conflict studies, or another relevant area;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Proven capacity to conduct lobbying and advocacy activities, design, and produce high-quality deliverables, including policy and legal papers, etc;
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly motivated self-starter;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, and English;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent team building and staff management skills;
- Collaborative results-oriented management style;
- Ability to motivate and supervise a high-performing team in a politically sensitive environment.
WE OFFERWE OFFER
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till January 31, 2022, renewable dependent on performance and funding;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
APPLICATION PROCESSAPPLICATION PROCESS
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Advocacy_Expert_Peacebuilding’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.