Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline20/01/2022- 03/02/2022
IntroductionIntroductionLocation: Kyiv, Ukraine
Right to Protection (R2P) is a Ukrainian not-for-profit organization. R2P ensures the protection and human rights of vulnerable migrants – the conflict affected, the internally displaced (IDPs), the refugees, who find themselves in Ukraine due to dire circumstances, the stateless, the undocumented and those at risk of statelessness. R2P’s key programmatic strengths are legal assistance, monitoring, advocacy as well as government and civil society capacity building.
The project ‘Digitization of public services: promoting long-term solutions to the problem of access to conflict-affected communities and vulnerable groups in Ukraine’ is aimed to increase sustainable protection of social, economic and administrative rights across Ukraine, with a particular focus on the conflict-affected communities in the East; to increase adaptivity and mobilization of Ukrainian governmental institutions and other duty bearer stakeholders in protection of the rights of socially vulnerable citizens by instrumentalization of innovative approaches, including e-services.
Key Duties & ResponsibilitiesKey Duties & Responsibilities
The Legal Analyst as a member of the Project Team will be reported to the Advocacy Coordinator, and work in close cooperation with the Legal and Project Coordinators. The position is settled in Kyiv at the R2P Main Office.
- Work autonomously within the scope of advocacy efforts identified by the Advocacy and Project Coordinators in line with the Advocacy Strategy developed by the Advocacy Team;
- Lead the advocacy directions assigned, identify and implement most appropriate advocacy activities in close consultations with Advocacy Coordinator and Legal and Protection Coordinators of the IDP-assisting project;
- Identify the legal gaps in Ukrainian legislation, concerning IDPs and conflict affected population, and suggest improvements to be made in order to ensure that the Government’s legal and policy response to internal displacement in Ukraine is implemented, including Digitization of public services issues;
- Consolidate analytical information, draft analytical reports and other materials to present gaps that shall be addressed;
- Draft new legislation, including amendments, regulations, and instructions, to address the concerns identified;
- Liaise with the R2P’s partners to follow-up on the situation for IDPs in Ukraine, including Digitization of public services issues;
- Organize and conduct meetings with main actors at local, national, and international levels;
- Support the activity of the R2P and of the international observers in any other aspect that is required and provide advice to the R2P on any legal issues as required.
Coordination and Representation
- Ensure effective communication, coordination and information-sharing with other R2P’s thematic components and key staff;
- Establish and maintain cooperation with key duty bearers;
- Represent R2P at all relevant coordination fora with partner organizations as well as duty bearers upon request.
Reporting & Accountability
- Coordinate results of the efforts with the Advocacy Coordinator and Project Coordinator on a regular basis to ensure the implementation of the Advocacy Strategy and/or to amend the Advocacy Strategy, if necessary;
- Produce high quality and timely reports in line with donors’ guidelines within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures, particularly with respect to the code of conduct.
Required qualificationsRequired qualifications
- Higher education in law;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Proven capacity to conduct lobbying and advocacy activities, design, and produce quality knowledge products, including policy and legal papers, etc;
- Experience of working with the Ukrainian Parliament and Ukrainian executive state institutions is a strong asset. Desirable is an experience of working with the EU and the EU institutions;
- Experience or knowledge of humanitarian aid and development policy and research, as well as specific knowledge and experience in working with digitalization, is a strong asset;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian, and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Treat all people fairly without favouritism;
- Fulfill all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in close collaboration with team members;
- Commitment to team work;
- Highly motivated self-starter;
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till December 30, 2022. Renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send a resume to email@example.com. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.
More information about the organization.
Applications close dateApplications close date
03 February 2022. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.