Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline24/12/2021 – 10/01/2022
Work placeWork placeSlovyansk
The project will be implemented by the Right to Protection (R2P). R2P, an all-Ukrainian charitable foundation, assists refugees, asylum seekers, stateless, internally displaced persons and conflict affected population in Ukraine.
The project’s major objective is to ensure that stateless population in Ukraine exercise their human rights through providing legal aid and counseling in Kyiv city, Kyiv and Kharkiv cities and regions and the government controlled parts of Donetsk region, developing a comprehensive analysis of the legal framework regarding stateless in Ukraine and advocating for the improvement of government policy and legislation, and its implementation in response to the problems identified during the monitoring through a telephone hot-line and provision of legal aid to beneficiaries.
Position’s Overall ObjectivePosition’s Overall Objective
The Advocate will provide primary and secondary legal aid to stateless to ensure that their rights are observed.
The Advocate will report to the Project Manager, and is expected to spend approximately 60% of his/her time at the office and the remaining travelling in Donetsk region.
Key Duties & ResponsibilitiesKey Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent beneficiaries in court, state authorities and embassies.
- Prepare document for courts of various instances;
- Conduct legal consulting to the beneficiaries in the project office and in outreach mode;
- Prepare necessary legal documents to be lodged with the state authorities and embassies;
- Maintaining paper and computer files for cases counseled;
- Preparation of reports, including statistical information;
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of R2P.
Required qualificationsRequired qualifications
- An advocate license;
- Higher education in law;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in legal practice, preferably legal counselling for individuals;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in Ukrainian and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Professional working proficiency in English;
- Ability to work independently and in team and to meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant a contract till December 31, 2022, renewable dependent on funding and performance.
Application processApplication process
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close dateApplications close date
10 January 2022. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.