Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline10/11/2021 – 30/11/2021
The Right to Protection, CF (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens, and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection.
Since the beginning of the conflict in the East of Ukraine R2P has been monitoring the protection situation of IDPs and conflict-affected persons, providing legal and protection assistance. R2P also supports local communities to ensure good access to social and other services required by the affected population in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhya regions.
Position overviewPosition overview
We are hiring an experienced Assistant Programme Manager to help us smoothly implement several interlinked multi-donor projects for IDPs and conflict-affected populations and to allow the Programme to grow.
Assistant Program Manager provides support to the Programme Manager in the planning and coordination of projects, takes on administrative duties, and independently manages some Programme elements. The Assistant Programme Manager’s responsibilities include monitoring project progress, following up with stakeholders on the completion or delay of project phases, scheduling meetings, and maintaining programme\projects documents and reports, contributing to the Programme planning and design.
An outstanding Assistant Programme Manager should be able to maintain oversight of planning and reporting on the project activities, identify issues that may hamper project implementation, and ensure these are resolved promptly. To be successful as an Assistant Programme Manager you should be able to perform any tasks assigned by the Programme Manager in an efficient and timely manner as well as to be able to work independently.
The position is based in Slovyansk. Location in Kyiv can be discussed.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Programme Manager to help implement programme goals.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding programme needs and goals.
- Contribute to the planning and development of projects.
- Support the coordination and management of projects.
- Research information and making inquiries as required.
- Perform administrative tasks such as preparing estimates, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Keep track of and supervise reporting on projects’ progress.
- Liaise with projects’ leads and thematic coordinators to maintain projects’ schedule and efficacy.
- Provide written and oral translation when required.
- Complete any tasks assigned by the Programme Manager in an efficient and timely manner.
Professional requirements:Professional requirements:
- Degree in business\administrative management, international relations, law, social sciences or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience in project management or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Highly organized and able to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal;
- Conflict-resolution skills; a sense of humor;
- Fluent in English;
- Native Ukrainian and Russian;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Benefits of the employment:Benefits of the employment:
- Business trips to the fields of implementation;
- Possibility to see programme implementation in real time;
- Opportunity to communicate with donors (UN, EC, International organizations) and build working relations with the programme stakeholders;
- Possibility to grow into Programme Manager;
- Flexibility in working\lunch hours, combined mode of work (remote, in the office);
- Office in the city center;
- Friendly working environment.
Application process:Application process:
Send a resume to email@example.com with the title ‘IDP Assistant Programme Manager’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Application close dateApplication close date
30 November 2021. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.