Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline01/10/2021- 11/10/2021
Work placeWork placeKyiv
The Right to Protection (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection. For the new project, we are looking for the Communications Assistant to become a part of our team to share our values and to strengthen R2P potential.
The Project is focused on monitoring, protection counselling, and advocacy facilitating freedom of movement in the government controlled areas along the line of contact and in entry exit checkpoints to non-government controlled areas.
The position is settled in Kyiv at the R2P Head Office.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesDuties & Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the PI Assistant in coordination with PI Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Сarries out communications activities to promote and share information about the project;
- Regularly updates project’s information materials including reports, brochures, leaflets, etc;
- Promotes information about project trainings and workshops as appropriate;
- Drafts communication messages for legislative and policy changes developed by R2P in the relation to the protection of IDPs;
- Supports project’s communications and public information plan;
- Produce public relations materials, edits reports, and assist with planning, publicizing, and carrying out special events;
- Under supervision of PI Officer engages directly with government officials and civil society representatives as appropriate for implementation communications plan;
- Assists in development of internal communications and external media relations, establishes and maintains contacts with the press centers of the governmental and non-governmental stakeholders;
- Assists in management of message development, media relations and maximizes media opportunities;
- Builds and sustains a project’s image and reputation for quality and reliability, ensures public views a project favourably.
- Writes and updates content and PR materials on website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
Required qualificationsRequired qualifications
- University (Ms) degree, preferably in social sciences, journalism or law;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Time management and communication skills;
- Familiarity with Ukrainian society, institutions, agencies;
- Knowledge of PR in social networks;
- Reasonable familiarity with humanitarian themes such as displacement, education, shelter, food security and nutrition, health, livelihoods, protection, water, sanitation, and hygiene;
- Excellent Ukrainian & Russian and English language proficiency;
- Relevant working experience, over two years preferred.
We offerWe offer
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till June 30, 2022, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close dateApplications close date
11 October 2021. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.