Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline21/12/2021 – 4/01/2022
Work placeWork placeSlovyansk
The Right to Protection (R2P), a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection, continues the Advocacy, Protection and Legal Aid Programme funded by UNHCR to be implemented in 2022.
The Programme is aimed to strengthen the protective environment for internally displaced persons and other affected populations through directly responding to their needs at community and individual levels as well as developing civil society capacities to identify and implement durable, long-term solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines data needed to be collected and the appropriate data resources;
- Formulates, implements, and enforces proper data collection policies and procedures and instructs project’s Community Assistants;
- In cooperation with the Protection Monitoring Coordinator establishes data quality standards;
- Evaluates current data collecting systems, develops data collection and evaluation methodologies, to improve the quality of the reporting (in cooperation with Info Management Officer);
- Reviews, reflects information in the system IDPs CRM, uses the system to build reports to donor;
- Compiles monthly reports on monitoring findings and other reports requested by the Protection Coordinator;
- Supervises work of the Junior Data Managers, assesses it and provides comments and recommendations on improving the quality of provided information and work processes;
- Analyses and assesses information provided by Community Assistants, provides comments on its quality;
- Recognizes and gives an account of problems in obtaining data during the assessment and other challenges encountered, as to support evaluation of data collection mechanism;
- If required, conducts an ad-hoc monitoring following instructions provided by R2P;
- Attends web-meetings, trainings and study visits organized by R2P and when required shares information with Community Assistants;
- Communicates and coordinates with Community Assistants, other data managers and team leaders;
- Takes good care of and keeps in secure the fixed assets provided by R2P to carry out the project activities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluent Ukrainian, Russian, and English languages;
- University degree, preferably in social sciences, education, journalism or law;
- Ability to gather information in an objective, appropriate and sensitive way by carefully observing, by actively listening, by paying full attention to the situation and the information of the various sources, and understand the points being made;
- Know how to effectively convey information, in local languages and in English;
- Expertise to enter, transcribe, record, maintain data/ information in written or electronic forms;
- Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy;
- Familiarity with Ukrainian society, institutions, and agencies;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint).
Desirable (will be an asset)
- Knowledge of KoboToolbox;
- Relevant working experience, over three years preferred;
- Reasonable familiarity with humanitarian themes such as displacement, education, shelter, food security and nutrition, health, livelihoods, protection, water, sanitation and hygiene;
WE OFFERWE OFFER
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till December 30, 2022, renewable dependent on performance and funding;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Application processApplication process
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title ‘Senior Data Manager’. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close dateApplications close date
04 January 2022. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.