Date of publication – DeadlineDate of publication – Deadline01/04/2021 – 11/04/2021
Project: Advocacy, Protection and Legal Assistance to Internally Displaced and Conflict-Affected Populations
Component: Support to territorial communities along the contact line in reorganizing social and administrative services in line with the decentralization
Duration: April 15, 2021 – December 31, 2021
The Right to Protection, CF (R2P) is a charitable fund that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection.
Since the beginning of the conflict in the East of Ukraine R2P has been monitoring the protection situation of IDPs, providing legal assistance and strengthening humanitarian response in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhya regions.
PROJECT OVERVIEWPROJECT OVERVIEW
In the mid 2020 Ukraine has finalized the process of administrative restructuring now encompassing 1469 territorial communities, 119 raions within 24 oblasts. Donetsk oblast (GCA, NGCA) encloses 46 territorial communities, 8 raions. Luhansk oblast (GCA, NGCA) has 28 territorial communities, 4 raions.
In conflict-affected areas along the ‘line of contact’ the decentralization has passed with significant dissimilarity. The technical capacity of territorial communities in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts is less sufficient for sustained performance, economic and social development.
The project is a part of the R2P’s Advocacy, Protection and Legal Assistance to Internally Displaced and Conflict-Affected Populations implemented in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, and Zaporizhia Oblasts with financial assistance from UNHCR.
The objective of this particular component is to ensure that selected Amalgamated Territorial Communities (ATCs)/Civil Military Administrations (CMAs) along the Contact Line take the necessary steps to ensure that essential administrative and social services can become functional and accessible for IDPs and residents from Non_Governmental Controlled Territories as soon as possible. This will facilitate responsible disengagement of humanitarian actors from the direct provision of these services.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTIONGEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
Amalgamated Territorial Communities (ATCs)/ Civil Military Administrations (CMAs) in Donetska oblast: Avdiivka, Toretsk, Svitlodarsk and in Luhanska oblast: Hirske, Nyzhnyoteplivske.
POSITION’S OVERALL OBJECTIVESPOSITION’S OVERALL OBJECTIVES
- To inform the development of the R2P strategy, and tactics of implementation together with the Program Manager and other internal personnel.
- To lead in designing of approaches and methodologies for the R2P interventions in support of the decentralization reform.
- To inform R2P regarding decentralization processes and trends.
- Organize, manage and carry out the day to day implementation of the project by contributing to the effective and timely design, planning, monitoring and evaluation process.
- Manage the assigned team, ensure regular and effective communication between the project staff members, the Programme Manager, the Legal and Protection Coordinators and other R2P relevant projects, and the Finance-Admin department in the frame of project implementation.
- Coordinate activities with other programmes and R2P actors engaged in support to local governance of public services.
- Facilitate the creation and regular updates to the project implementation tools, based on particular decentralization and social services expertise and experience, in collaboration with the programme team, including the regular review of project-level achievements.
- Ensure proper and regular project documentation and reporting according to R2P standards.
- Ensure that all project related activities comply with the project relevant donor’s and organization’s policies and regulations.
- Provide guidance and support to project staff in carrying out their responsibilities under the project.
- Troubleshoot project problems. Identify and implement creative solutions.
- Participate in fundraising activities and ensure the sustainability of project results.
- Build up a joint work with community leaders and other representatives to develop community strategies and ensure the involvement of local population in the project implementation.
- Engage leaders from ATCs in other parts of Ukraine to exchange experience with the newly formed ATCs/CMAs in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities focused on support and strengthen the capacities of local authorities so that they are better able to provide quality and non-discriminatory essential services.
Coordination and Representation
- Establish and maintain cooperation with key duty bearers.
- Represent the project at relevant coordination fora with partner organizations as well as duty bearers.
- Keep regular communication, information exchange and ensure coordination with project actors and partners.
Advocacy / Communication
- In cooperation with the Advocacy Coordinator and Program Manager to identify, prioritize areas and content for advocacy activities within the project.
- Support production of communication and visibility tools and materials.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law, social work, social science, finance & economy, management, development studies, etc.;
- Minimum two years experience in projects dealing with decentralization, social services involving policy analysis, law, and/ or other relevant areas. Experience with state/regional/local budgeting or social protection would be an asset;
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly motivated self-starter;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, and in English;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent team building and staff management skills;
- Collaborative results-oriented management style;
- Ability to motivate and supervise a high-performing team in a politically sensitive environment.
WE OFFERWE OFFER
R2P will offer the successful applicant:
- A contract till December 31, 2021, renewable dependent on performance and funding;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.